Traders are using more and more data to gain a competitive advantage; satellite data is now part of that suite of tools.
- Oil wells, drill pads and their operations can be detected – when they are built, when they are active and when they shut down.
- Satellite images of crops combined with weather data and historical yields can be used to predict future yields based on the current size and state of the crops.
- Storage and commodities in open-air warehouses can be reported
- The output of factories across entire regions can be identified.
The capabilities of modern satellites to provide radar and optical images, with millimetre precision for measuring elevation, the ability to detect the health of crops and activity of city, town, or factory combined with machine learning gives the ability to predict yields/output, supply and demand.
Satellite data is now so sophisticated that it is possible to track the direction of travel of an individual ship, from a single image, based on its wake.
HSAT offers a wide range of services in this sector, including:
- Consulting – helping you understand the opportunity to use this data
- Data Provision – Extraction of the core-satellite data (optical images, radar, elevation, crop identification, temperature, or other relevant data)
- Analytics – Analytics of all available data to provide reliable information to make decisions